Are you looking for the best streaming service out there? Well, thanks to this chart, you don’t have to research anymore. Just check off what you want and read our recommendations below. Streaming services are becoming essential for those who love movies or TV shows. There are now hundreds of options out there, from Netflix and Amazon Prime Video to Hulu and HBO Now. Some offer original programming, others focus on licensed content. If you haven’t tried them yet, these are some of the best streaming services out there.
Staying Updated on Streaming Services
In this article, we’ve gone over many different streaming services available today. If you’re still confused about which one is right for you, just take a look at the table above for an overview of all of the sites mentioned in this guide. It’s a great way to stay informed when choosing your next subscription package.
Best Streaming Services: Top Pick
Hulu + Live TV
- The most popular live-TV option with cord-cutters.
- Great for sports fans and people interested in premium cable channels like Showtime, ESPN, and AMC.
- An additional $54/month gets you access to unlimited cloud DVR storage space.
- Free seven-day trial included
- No need for an Internet connection
- A major player in the streaming world.
- Offers both standard definition (SD) and high definition (HD) streaming.
- Has been around since 1997.
- A good deal if you plan on cancelling your pay-TV subscriptions.
- Watch as much as you want anytime, anywhere without being charged per GB.
Amazon Prime Video
- One of the newest entrants into the streaming market.
- Similar to Netflix but offers even more content than the former.
- Offers SD, HD, 4K Ultra High Definition (UHD), and Dolby Atmos audio formats.
- Streams almost anything on demand including recent top releases.
- A free 7-day trial included.
- Can be used via apps on mobile devices and PCs.
Roku Channel Store
- Roku has its own channel store that lets users pick their favorite channels.
- Allows users to watch video on Roku players, TVs, Android tablets, iPhones, Chromecast, and smart bulbs.
- Users can subscribe to individual networks or follow channels.
- Includes ad-supported and subscription models.
- Another option for watching videos on Google Cast compatible devices.
- Works with any device that supports the Chrome browser.
- Supports SD and HD streaming.
- You will need a separate account to sign up for the service.
- The newest addition to Apple’s lineup of products.
- Provides the same content as its competitors, only it also includes exclusive shows like “Dickinson.”
- Works with iOS and macOS platforms.
- Newest offering from the company.
- Only works with Xbox, Windows, and Mac operating systems.
- Features the most extensive library of hit series.
- Currently only has two plans.
- Prices start at $15/mo ($6.99/mo for kids).
- Vudu is owned by Walmart.
- This provider features thousands of titles.
- Subscription fees start at $3.99/mo.
- Limited selection of newer titles.
- Tubi TV specializes in indie films and TV series.
- Most of the content is not mainstream.
- Pricing starts at $4.99/mo.
A Descriptive Look Into Streaming Services
The first thing you should consider when signing up for a streaming service is how much money you would like to spend. There are two main categories of streaming services; they range from free to extremely expensive and each category comes with different perks.
Free Model Streaming:
These services do charge a small amount but allow for unlimited viewing time. Examples include Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Instant Video, YouTube Red, HBO Now, etc. If you don’t mind spending minimal amounts of money then this model might work best for you.
Paying Model Streaming:
These services cost a lot of money but offer many benefits. Some examples include Sling TV, PlayStation Vue, DIRECTV NOW, HBO Go, etc. If you’re willing to pay for premium features such as live sports, a larger number of movies, and other extras, then these paid options could make sense for you.
The Bottom Line on Streaming Services
While they cost real money, subscription streaming services have become an increasingly popular way to access online entertainment. There are several choices out there and choosing one isn’t always easy. However, if you want to save yourself some money, then subscribing to a free streaming service may work best.